Friday, July 28, 2017

Scaramucci's vulgar language makes Trump look bad

Photo: Reuters/Carlos Barria
If I used even a smidgeon of the vulgarity the White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci used regarding Reince Priebus Google would shut down this blog. Even if they didn't shut me down you probably would go elsewhere to get your White House information and I wouldn't blame you.

Mooch, as he likes to be called, even made fun of Senior Adviser Steve Bannon in the same interview with Ryan Lizza, writing for the New Yorker magazine. 

In the story published on Thursday, Mooch asks Lizza to tell him who leaked the details of a dinner Trump attended and he goes on to accuse Priebus of being the leaker.

"Reince is a f***ing paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac," Mooch told Lizza in a Wednesday evening phone call.

"I fired one guy the other day. I have three or four people I'll fire tomorrow," Mooch said. "I'll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus--if you want to leak something--he'll be asked to resign very shortly."

He went on, doing an impersonation of Priebus: "Let me leak the f***ing thihng and see if I can c**k block these people the way I c**k blocked Scaramucci for six months."

Mooch said that unlike Bannon, he's not interested in inflating his profile to the media.

"I'm not Steve Bannon; I'm not trying to suck my own c**k," he said. "I'm not trying to build my own brand off the f***ing strength of the president. I'm here to serve the country."

At least he didn't say he was here to serve the 'f***ing country'.

He accused Priebus of leaking his financial disclosure to the media calling it a 'felony,' but the information was public record, so he was wrong.

"I've called the FBI and the Department of Justice," he said.

"What I want to do is I want to f***ing kill all the leakers and I want to get the president's agenda on track so we can succeed for the American people," he said, and told Lizza that he believed Priebus would resign soon.

Mooch ended the call with Lizza, telling him he needed to "start tweeting some s**t to make this guy crazy."

Interestingly, Scaramucci didn't deny any of the comments he made. "I sometimes use colorful language," he said. "I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda."

Then later on Thursday, Mooch made it sound like it was all Lizza's fault stating that he "made a mistake in trusting in a reporter. It won't happen again."

But whether the reporter was told that it was "off the record" or not, Scaramucci still displayed the unprofessional vulgarity and even homophobia the LBGTQ would say, that should render him wrong for this job.

We all remember what Trump said a few years ago about grabbing women by their genitalia. This echoes the same negativity and likely problems Trump will have in the future. 

Lizza spoke on the Crappy News Network (CNN) saying, "It's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of we as journalists trying to explain who these people are to the American people and when you do an on the record interview with someone, its standard operating procedure that the interview gets reported."

And you really can't disagree with that. Imagine if you, as a journalist, was privy to Sacarmucci's private rants, with all of its anger and vulgarity. If you didn't report it, you'd be guilty of journalistic malpractice.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended Scaramucci saying that he gets passionate about his job. 

"This is a guy who sometimes uses colorful--and in many circles, probably not appropriate--language. And he's very passionate about the president, the president's agenda and I think he may have let that get the best of him in that conversation," she said.

That wasn't 'colorful' language, it was highly vulgar and totally inappropriate and cannot be justified, in spite of Sanders' intelligent handling of it.

One White House official leaked concern to Fox News saying, "This is getting out of hand. I am honestly getting concerned for my safety in the office tomorrow. This type of behavior is unbelievable. Working in the White House and something like that is said, it is a disgrace."

Sadly, I agree with the leaker.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The imbalance of nature: blame the Jews

Iran launched an unprecedented attack on Israel on Saturday night, April 13, using over 300 rockets, missiles and UAVs to assault the civili...