Friday, July 24, 2015

Cruz calls McConnell a liar

Was it a political stunt designed to grab the attention of voters who watch C-SPAN? Or was it the venting of frustration and sense of being sandbagged in the Senate?

Whatever the case, the attack by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tx) was a loquacious and well-controlled expression of ire aimed at the Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) after he told Cruz and fellow Republican senators that there would be no vote on renewal of the Export-Import Bank.

"What we just saw today was an absolute demonstration that not only what he told every Republican senator, but what he told the press over and over and over again, was a simple lie."

Cruz said that "[I]t saddens me to say this. I sat in my office. I told my staff the majority leader looked me in the eye and looked 54 Republicans in the eye. I cannot believe he would tell a flat-out lie, and I voted based on those assurances that he made to each and every one of us."

The turtle-mug McConnell wasn't on the Senate floor when Cruz spoke and his office was as quiet as a mouse peeing on a Kentucky cotton ball.

Cruz called out all politicians on the cronyism that goes on in Washington. How decisions are made by the lobbyists and trump (you should excuse the expression) the needs or desires of the people.

Cruz called upon his colleagues to vote against Ex-Im, and said, " . . . and I urge every senator to take this important opportunity to join me in voting to finally give the American people the fresh start they deserve on health care. I know we'll engage in a robust debate on these issues. And then, we'll take a vote."



No comments:

Post a Comment

UN official and Hamas supporter resigns

His book: "Lipless in Gaza" Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (U...