Thursday, March 1, 2012

R.I.P. Andrew--We Are Going to Miss You

 Like most people, I was shocked to hear that Andrew Breitbart died this morning.  It's always sad when a friend dies, and although I didn't know him personally, I felt that I did.


I first came across Andrew when I joined Twitter--everyone was tweeting about him, both good and bad, and I saw his responses, particularly those on the left who were less than kind, and even less than civil.  But he handled the negativity with an almost verve-like enjoyment and I followed him immediately, knowing I might learn a lot from him.


When he exposed Anthony Weiner for exposing himself on Twitter, I realized how gutsy Andrew was to go forward with the report.  I knew a bit about Weiner, having been from Brooklyn, NY and having met him long ago when his arrogance poured from his pores; so I believed Andrew's report was true and accurate, which it was subsequently proven to be right on the money.  I loved how Andrew later asked for Weiner's apology for calling him a liar when the story first surfaced, and then be proven wrong when all the evidence was made public.


A conservative voice will be sorely missed by many of us in America, a country that has made a left-hand turn and got lost along the way.  But I believe that there are others out here who will continue to be the conservative voice of reason, and I hope to be considered part of that group, even if in a small way.


Rest in peace, Andrew Breitbart.  You will be missed by millions.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas claims it can only release 20 live hostages

This is what garbage looks like when it takes on human form The terrorist scum Hamas says it can release only 20 live hostages and the worst...