Friday, March 30, 2012

But Can They Make You Eat It?

If Obamacare is deemed Constitutional, that means the government can make you purchase it and failure to do so will result in some form of punishment; likely a fine or some jail time. If the government can go that far, overturn the Commerce Clause of the Constitution, then some say they can make you buy anything they want you to buy.  They can make you buy broccoli, but can they make you eat it?

Probably.  I'm no politician (my parents raised me with moral values) but it seems to me that the government can only make you purchase something that supposedly has a value to you.  If they can make you purchase broccoli, they must be implying that broccoli is good for you and therefore you must eat it.

But how can they monitor whether or not you're actually eating it?  And what if it isn't broccoli but say,  strawberry rhubarb pie?  I personally do not like strawberry rhubarb pie--in fact, I dislike it to the point that I cannot swallow it without gagging, but if the government forces me to buy it, and thereby forces me to eat it, I may get sick.

The government has a plan for me if I get sick, however.  They want me to go to an Obamacare doctor for treatment. I suspect that Obamacare doctors do not enjoy being renumerated by a government system for the treatment they provide.  I have seen many physicians refuse to accept certain third party payments.  But when payment can only be made via third party, how good can it be?  There will be only one third party (which, mathematically seems to make it a 1/3 party, but I may be mistaken), and when there is only one provider for medical coverage, there will be no competition. With no competition, those with skin in the game don't have to worry about being outplayed as they kick the can down the road and do other things we hear liberals say when they go off cliche-ing.  And if Obamacare is supposed to be so great, why is Barry offering waivers to Democrat campaign supporters and his political cronies for people in their district?  Is it even remotely possible that the concept of Obamacare is not just unconstitutional and problematic because of the absence of healthy competition, but that it inherently sucks and is about as viable a solution to America's healthcare problem as death is to the population problem?

I don't know how the Supreme Court is voting on this issue, but I know in my heart that it is simply wrong to force someone to pay for something against their will. And don't tell me about Social Security--it isn't the same thing because it doesn't involve commerce.  I do know that if Obama gets re-elected for a second term, whatever he is planning with Russia, the Islamic world, and with Israel is going to come crashing down on our country and it will not be a good thing.

 
If you want to read about modern day terrorism and suspense, my latest novel, Jihad Joe, is now available both in soft cover and as an Ebook--see the links below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UN official and Hamas supporter resigns

His book: "Lipless in Gaza" Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (U...