Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

The 4th Accuser Sharon Bialek

What is the one part of a man that gets him in the most trouble? Exactly--his libido. Herman Cain is being accused of having made inappropriate sexual advances on a bleached blond woman named Sharon Bialek (pronounces by Cain as "Blech"). She is the 4th woman to make such accusations but what about her?

Ms. Bialek has a history of financial and lawsuit problems. She has had tax liens, been a defendant in about 6 lawsuits, and has ongoing financial problems. Coincidentally, she and David Axelrod live in the same high-end Chicago apartment, attended the same  gym, but Sharon said she never said or did anything to or with Axelrod in the steam room or elsewhere in the gym, and that has nothing to do with the Cain situation. It is just an incredibly amazing coincidence and that's all.  She simply wants to set the record straight and have Herman lose any and all chances of being elected President of the United States of America after he admits all his wrong doing.

When Cain allegedly put his hand up Ms. Bialek's skirt, shoved her head toward his crotch, she implored him to stop by saying, "Why are you doing this? You know I have a boyfriend." That seems to me to imply that she would have gone further had she been flying solo in her life, but I can't prove it--but neither can Bialek prove her allegations. Of course, proof doesn't seem to matter in our society anymore--it's enough to be accused.

I don't think Cain would have been nominated for the GOP candidate, but if he was, I would have voted for him over Obama in a heartbeat. But now I suspect that he will have to bow out of the campaign, even after his press conference, scheduled to take place in about an hour. I am going to watch the conference and finish my thoughts on this submission. As it stands now, Cain is tied with Romney in the polls, but this might be subject to change rather abruptly. 

Briefly, and on a lighter note, President Obama's microphone picked up a brief conversation he had with French President Sarkozy in which the Frenchman said  
"I cannot bear Netanyahu, he's a liar." Rather than defending the leader of our best Middle East ally, Obama responded: "You're fed up? But I have to deal with it all day." This is Obama's default position in foreign policy where he appeases our enemies while sticking it to Israel. I guess this really wasn't a lighter note, but it needs to be discussed in the election, I believe. The only question I have is whether or not Obama actually knew his mike was on--I almost believe he did and this was his way of telling the Islamic world that he's cool.


Getting back to Herman Cain and the allegations, the press conference begins
Held in Scotsdale, Arizona, Mr. Cain introduced by Lin Wood, his attorney, of Jean Binet Ramsey fame.  He spoke about how as he represented  victims of sexual assaults, and never "paraded" them in front of the media. As he spoke, Mr. Cain stood by and watched the presentation as Mr. Wood explained how memories fade after 14 years, and witnesses disappear. Now Mr. Cain has to respond to heresay and rumors, without the chance to cross-examine his accusers, Wood explained.


The Big Winner-a liberal lawyer
Mr. Cain spoke--he appeared somewhat sombre and used notes, which he pointed out that he didn't normally use. "I have never acted inappropriately with anyone, period." He stated that he didn't know who his accuser is and didn't recognize her name. He said he is running and not backing off--he is doing it for the American people. He also attacked how the media is "beating [me] up." He spoke about how his accuser is a troubled woman and how the democratic machine is using her.


I felt sad for Herman as he spoke, perhaps because I think his campaign may be doomed, but we shall see if this is going to be the case. Funny, but  I believe he told the truth. I believe he is innocent because the bastards haven't proven him guilty, have they? 


I like that Mr. Cain spoke out to protect his family and told the media that if they want to attack, they attack him, not his them. That's a man. He spoke about his reputation that he worked to build up for 40 years. I like that he stayed on point about the fact that we have much bigger problems in our country. I think he nailed this, but I hope the public agrees.


A man is innocent until proven guilty--that's the American system of law. There are no facts, just an unfactual accusation. Bialek has not ruled out to making money from this situation in the future, and that gives me pause.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The imbalance of nature: blame the Jews

Iran launched an unprecedented attack on Israel on Saturday night, April 13, using over 300 rockets, missiles and UAVs to assault the civili...