Friday, May 13, 2011

The Bully in the Schoolyard


My childhood flashed back at me the other day as I was watching CNN and Obama's speech that bushwacked (you should pardon that expression) Donald Trump. The speech reminded me of Bernie, the schoolyard bully who, along with Steven, came charging across the schoolyard in a dead run, called out my name and my best buddy's, CJ, and as we turned to the voices, they delivered kicks to our nut sacks that brought us to our knees and out of breath. They stood over us as we found more comfort on the ground, and laughed, much the way Obama laughed at Trump. But it really wasn't funny and it hurt like hell.
Is Donald Out There?

I believe that Barack Obama must have been one of those kids who bullied the smaller ones. Maybe, however, he was the kid, like CJ and me, that got kicked and needed to kick back. Now that he's supreme leader of the free world, (soon to be not-so-free if he has his way), he can stand at the podium, protected by men who would gladly take a bullet for him, (not really him, but for what the United States means to them), and insult someone who couldn't do anything about it. How junior high school is that? How mean? And the fact is, Obama, who is not a terrible speaker if you don't mind 'gonna' instead of 'going to,' had the writers of the Daily Show do his little monologue for him. (This might also give you some idea about the political leanings of Jon Stewart.)

Trump was clearly not in a position to reply to the insults--and they were quite insulting in my opinion--and Obama knew it. He is no better than Bernie or Steve, his butt-boy, but he is president, and now that he has single-handedly taken out the most wanted terrorist on the planet, he might be president for another term. After that, well, he just might do what Mickey Mouse Bloomberg did, and try to seek a third term or more. I really would not put that past him.

But I am thankful. I still have the inalienable right to write this blog. That's a freedom Obama would love to take away from us--even when reporters ask challenging questions, it pisses him off and he has them banished from the presidential press corps. Imagine Obama actually at the SEALs operation? Now that I would cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UN official and Hamas supporter resigns

His book: "Lipless in Gaza" Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (U...