Friday, January 14, 2011

This photo is blogged


This photo is blogged
Originally uploaded by Rob Hoey
I just got off the phone with Jamie, a salesman with the Ottawa 67s. He called me after I went to my first 67s game last week and sold me a Family 4 package, so Frankie and I are going to 4 games right through March. If they get into the playoffs (almost wrote "payoffs") I definitely want to go. They skate fast, shoot hard, and score that goal. They also fight fairly well too, but I don't go to the games for that, I go for the game strategies . . . okay, and an occasional fight or two. I'm not sure what it is about Canada, but once you live here, hockey becomes a natural part of your life. I think if I had been born a Canuck, I'd have a lot of hockey stories to tell between the empty spaces of my teeth.

So my next game is January 23rd, when the Ottawa 67s take on Guelph (not sure if it's called "The Guelph" or just plain Guelph, and I don't have any idea where they're from--probably a place called Guelph just down the road from LaFromage Ettienne).

So we got these great seats in the black section at a ridiculous price of $150.68 for both of us for all 4 games--that's what hotdogs, a soda, and fries go for at a Yankees game for you and your partner.

Hockey--who knew, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joe Biden is able to make the Francis Scott Key Bridge about himself

By now, most every American knows about the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse. It's a tragedy that has apparently claimed the lives of a...